[aprssig] D710 and the local info initiative

Pentti Gronlund pentti.gronlund at tut.fi
Fri Sep 25 12:53:20 EDT 2009

An user pointed me to the fact that the repeater info one of our
systems was sending out did nothing in his D710 when he pushed the
"TUNE" soft button.

I had a look at BoB's local info inititative page and voilá: the
specification had put some lively matter between us since I last
looked at it. We are now getting a tune but the tone, split etc.
do not set.

;434.775-B*111111z6044.06N/02612.79Er1750 R50k -1.6 MHz  OH2RAY  Artjarvi

I think 1750 instead of T123 or TOFF is at least wrong. The most
important step for us would be to get the shift right, as more
and more 70 cm repeaters are changing the offset from the old
-1.6 MHz to -2.0 MHz because of interference from ISM equipment
on the old input band.

I also read the chapter in the D710 advanced manual at the Ken
pages:

http://www.kenwood.com/i/products/info/amateur/pdf/TM-D710AE_IDM_R1.pdf

It was not very useful. Maybe somebody out there can help.

Benjamin OH3BK

BTW. The FMI Nüvi cleared the customs today, and I am supposed
to get it by HameXpress in the weekend. I may be getting my first
experiences in mobile 2-way APRS real soon now :) Exciting!
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!