[aprssig] Use call without SSID?

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Fri Sep 25 12:37:12 EDT 2009

Wow, that was quick!  Please understand, I have been using APRS for years,
and am not at all up tight about the issue.  Watching this from a distance,
to use an old aviation term, I just plan to stay out of the fireball.
However, people who know nothing about an issue tend to grasp the small bits
they at least think they understand as holy writ.  Given all the
disinformation floating around, it would be nice to at least make a good
reference available, and if that is there IS no standard, fine.

It makes no difference to me otherwise.  Some of y'all got the idea I am
concerned.  Not to worry.

Alan
WA4SCA