[aprssig] Use call without SSID?

Daron Wilson daron at wilson.org
Fri Sep 25 12:15:03 EDT 2009

<snip>

> I put them on permanent disregard. On APRS that
> means I BUDLIST them out of every single piece of equipment I can
> control.

<snip>

Nothing says "welcome to APRS where we all share one channel" like
BUDLISTing out the people that annoy you, hopefully you don't 'control' any
digi's.

Pick whatever 'guideline' you want for SSID, there are some common ones in
use, but frankly it matters little.  What is more important is to keep the
system and our attitudes open and functional as we bring new people into the
hobby.  'Locking out' people who piss you off is hardly going to promote the
hobby, or yourself.

N7HQR-9 or N7HQR-7 or sometimes -1