[aprssig] Help with XASTIR maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 22 01:51:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Greg D. wrote:

> ***** WARNING *****
> Berkeley DB header files/shared library file do NOT match!
> Disabling use of the map cache.
> Header file: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (December  3, 2008)
> Library file: Berkeley DB 4.5.20: (December  3, 2008)
> ***** WARNING *****

That's Xastir protecting itself from locking up.  You have Xastir
compiled using one version of headers, but are linking against a
different version of the library.  With Berkeley DB this can lead to
a nasty crash so Xastir works around it by disabling Berkeley DB.

This doesn't directly affect your use of maps, it only disables the
caching.

> festival_client: connect to server failed
> SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival

Just a warning that you don't have text-to-speech for this run.
Start up the Festival daemon before starting Xastir if you wish this
capability for the next run.