[aprssig] Help with XASTIR maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 22 01:49:20 EDT 2009

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, Greg D. wrote:

> Starting Xastir from a user shell I see a ton of messages about
> character \260 not being supported in font and being discarded.
> Create_appshell text_output2 is the Name, and XmTextField is the
> Class.  But nothing displayed when I play with the map chooser.

Read the FAQ.  The LANG setting is causing these messages to appear
(which by themselves are usually not a big deal), but might also be
messing up Xastir's ability to read/write config files, causing the
sorts of problems you're seeing.

The LANG setting affects LIBC, which is the main C library we use
for reading/writing things to screen, file, and I/O.