[aprssig] Please, standardize UTF-8 for APRS

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Sep 21 19:41:48 EDT 2009

While not intending to cause too much furor (oops, too late... I clicked
on send!), didn't the aviation industry (search for ICAO language
proficiency) come up with a way to standardize communication
between planes and air traffic controllers many years ago?

With that said, if  the APRS spec can be altered to allow UTF-8 so hams
in non-English speaking countries use APRS messaging, that's great!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH