[aprssig] Viscous digipeating (was: Airborne Digis)

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Sat Sep 19 19:55:57 EDT 2009

The recommendation for aprs is DWAIT 0, which means that all digi's will TX
at the same time.  I understand what you mean about FM simulcast frequency
being dead on.. but there's more to it than that different TXDelays also
will cause the seemingly identical packets to not be the same.  It is easy
enough to move a home QTH antenna so that it only hears one digi however.
And in a mobile circumstance, it is very very likely that you won't hear
both digi's anyway.

Wes
---
We are learning a lot more about Chicago-style politics than I ever wanted.