[aprssig] Airborne Digis

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Sep 16 21:34:26 EDT 2009

> While the T2-301 is frequency agile as well, it would require changing
> the frequency with the SETFREQ command.  While this can be done at any
> time from a terminal program or e.g. Nuvi 350, or even a built-in
> script, you wouldn't want to constant toggle the frequency as it would
> write to the flash ram every time you did it. With normal use and

Actually it's writing to the EEPROM in the radio, but yeah, same
problem.  It'll eventually wear out.  There's no easy way around it
until I can get them to update the radio firmware, but it's not
field-upgradeable in the current version.

It'd be interesting to know if the radio's processor keeps the
configuration cached in RAM while it's on.  If so, it wouldn't matter if
the EEPROM wore out.  Maybe I'll have to try desoldering the chip.

Scott
N1VG