[aprssig] 6M APRS?

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 14 23:10:16 EDT 2009

> My 6m APRS Igate is on the air
> listening to 50.62 as suggested.

Great!  This should really be fun for meteor showers and the occasional daily or nightly meteors even if there is no local activity in your area.  In our area, we now have at least 3 big digi's and several Igates...

> I am unsure what to TX out as.
> It is fixed IGATE for 6M in Michigan.
> Did the group decide on a XXXXN-N
> scheme?

Yes, we are digipeating UITRACE as 6MTRn-N and even allowing 6MTR7-7 for now...

> What is the suggested beacon freq?

I think you mean period.  I think 5 minutes is fine for your lonely station.. for now...

>  Suggested mobile and fixed paths?

6MTR7-7 for now, though I am sure I will regret it later...

> The javAPRS is the latest version from
> Pete and is sending into APRS-IS
> as KB8ZGL-6M.  The callsign of the
> actual IGATE Adjunct is KB8ZGL-5

Back when we actually got people on 6 meters during meteor showers, there were dozens of 600 to 1100 mile packets...
overnight.

Should be fun!
Bob
Wb4APR