[aprssig] Airborne Digis

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Mon Sep 14 14:07:51 EDT 2009

Hi Tom,

The only problem with this issue is that at 2000-4000 feet now you're
digi-ing ALL WIDE1-1 stations within earshot not just my trackers.  The
first direct issue here is now there is a possibility in overloading the
airborne digi in which case it will be too busy to digi my priority
packets.  The second issue would be now I'm taking WIDE1-1 requests from
adjacent valleys and duplicating their packets even further when paired up
with any other fill-in digi's that are actually in their area on the ground.

Greg

NV6G
OpenAPRS.Net