[aprssig] K6RPT Balloon Flight Over - Details On My Website

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Sep 12 21:21:33 EDT 2009

A complete set of maps from this morning's K6RPT-10 balloon flight is now on my
web site at:

      <http://wa8lmf.net/K6RPT_Balloon>

This is just a quickie paste up -- I'll do a better presentation later tonight
or tomorrow.

According to my APRS log, the highest altitude achieved (or at least
transmitted) was 105,443 feet.

The voice repeater was a total loss here in Pasadena.   A local repeater output
is active on this frequency - in fact I wonder if it may have been getting
picked up by the balloon once it reached altitude.  It may have timed-out the
on-board repeater.   Further, at this QTH, this frequency was constantly
getting blasted by an S-9 intermod mix of one ham repeater and one public
safety repeater.