[aprssig] APRS Messenger (freeware APRS messaging program)

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Sat Sep 5 07:23:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've just released the first public version of the APRS Messenger program.

It's a Windows program to setup and send and receive APRS messages from
an APRS TNC Digi Tracker.

Although it's designed to promote the APRS TNC Digi Tracker it will also
work with serial TNC's that used conv and Ctrl-C to open converse mode.

It also has a "RAYNET messaging" feature to send time-stamped
pre-formatted APRS messages for special events or emergency use.

All messages sent and received are stored on the hard drive as log files
for later evaluation.

The first public release has basic satellite mode messaging with no
Acks. Future releases will include Acks with decaying algorithm and
Reply-Ack.

It can be downloaded from the web page:
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_messenger.htm

Please feel free to give me any feedback on the program. It's been
tested so far on Win ME, 2000 and XP using the APRS TNC Digi Tracker.

73s,

Chris, G4HYG

--
Chris Moulding