[aprssig] ISS not passing through UI-VIEW

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Oct 31 02:33:57 EDT 2009

RS0ISS-3>P0PPP0,SGATE,WIDE,qAR,VK3JTM-5
>> :'vX
'/]HTV hatch closed.Undock Fri

Is from the APRS-IS stream

"According to aprs.fi, the beacons don't contain a lat / long."

P0PPP0 and 'vX
'

"However, I don't know why your IGate isn't gating the beacons."

I am hoping that the /1 is ok in the packet. Can't remember - been a while
new TNC

RS0ISS-3>P0PPP0,SGATE,WIDE/1 >> : <<UI>>:'vX
'/]HTV hatch closed.Undock
Fri.

I will replay the packet over serial and play with the format

My APRS-IS filter is "p/VK4" but that should not and has not stopped packets
passing to IS

I have run the TNC on APRS ground stations and it passes packets ok.

More investigation needed.

If it does not come good I will just run XASTIR or make my own perl code to
send it.

Andrew