[aprssig] ISS not passing through UI-VIEW

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Oct 31 00:03:31 EDT 2009

Andrew VK4TEC wrote...

> Running a satgate here
> RS0ISS-3>P0PPP0,SGATE,WIDE/1
> : <<UI>>:'vX
'/]HTV hatch closed.Undock Fri.
> Does not get passed to the Internet using UI-VIEW
> TNC: KPC9612+
> And yet others do.....

> 30/10/09 22:20:39 RS0ISS-3>P0PPP0,SGATE,WIDE,qAR,VK3JTM-5
> :'vX
'/]HTV hatch closed.Undock Fri.

Is that copied from the terminal window in UI-View?

> I have "Open the gateway" "Insert station callsign"
> "Gate objects" selected. I am authenticating with a password.
> Options - "Show igate traffic shows nothing"
> It is like UI-VIEW has not chosen to pass the packet

http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=RS0ISS-3&limit=50

According to aprs.fi, the beacons don't contain a lat / long. However, I
don't know why your IGate isn't gating the beacons. Some of the IGates
that are passing it are using UI-View.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH