[aprssig] D710A APRS status text details

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Fri Oct 30 11:27:13 EDT 2009

>> (I regularly make a trip between Palo Alto and the Sierra foothills and
>> scan through various repeaters
>> - I'd like to pre-program a status text that indicates where I'm headed,
>> but still shows what
>> repeater I'm listening to at the moment.)
>
> So why not enter the frequency manually?
>
> Use i.e status text #4 and enter whatever QSY information you have
> followed by a SPACE. Now you can also enter the tone and split and it's
> going to work .

Because I switch between at least four repeaters during the drive, depending where I am - and mostly
I'm using the scan feature to see if there's any traffic to be had.

Yes, I could change the status text on #5 every time I take a trip. But then what's the point of
having pre-programmed status texts?

73,
chris