[aprssig] Stealth Satellite APRS Station?

Kent Frazier k5knt.kent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 21:13:54 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the group and TAPR. I have played with APRS a little, using a
TinyTrak3+ as a tracker in my vehicle. This was before I realized that APRS
was more than just tracking.

I would like to combine my interest in amateur radio satellites and aprs,
but I have a very limited budget and certain other "restrictions". I
currently live in a rental house and putting up an outside antenna is not
possible, I've asked.

I was wondering if there were some way I could use my Icom 2720H and some
sort of "stealth" antenna for a satellite aprs station? The radio is
currently in my vehicle, but I was thinking about bringing it into the
house.

Any suggestions / guidance would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kent R Frazier, K5KNT
AMSAT #36765, ARRL, San Angelo Amateur Radio Club, Tom Green County - ARES,

Sent from San Angelo, TX, United States