[aprssig] Lowrance HDS-5 Baja Off-Road GPS Chartplotter and APRS

Kent Olsen ridgerunner at dslextreme.com
Mon Oct 26 10:59:59 EDT 2009

#1   I want the HUGE SCREEN!! I have a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx and I have always
had a problem with seeing the screen while driving.

I have a friend that has the Baja 540c and I am very impressed!! The topo
maps are so much better than the Garmin. I dont much care about the city
street stuff since my Jeep does not see much on road use.

I have not bought an APRS radio yet and I think I will be wating till next
year to have a look at the Yaesu FTM-350 when it comes out.

Jim, that is a great looking jeep!! Now I take it that you have the TM-D700A
hooked up to the Lowrance Baja540C GPS? With this set up does it show other
APRS stations on the GPS screen?

I will be send you an email directly asking you about some of the other
items I see on you Jeep.