[aprssig] GPS tracking how to get Lat/Lon's

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 19:58:44 EDT 2009

Victor,

What you ask can be quite simple or rather complex depending on the specifics.  It will require some expense for specific hardware and/or software.

  As you have found, the (vast majority of) folks on this sig are licenced amateur radio operators and thereore work from that viewpoint.

It would help if you would give a more complete explanation of what you want to do, that is, what the application is.
Answer questions such as:
What is the purpose?
Who will be using this system and resulting information?
Its ther eother information you need to transfer (other than locations)?
What type of 'things' will you be tracking?
Will things be attended by people or unattended?
Over what area will this system be used?
What is the relative budget, or what do you already plan to use?
Etc.

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI

FINALLY, an up to date APRS Beginner Guide - 2009.
Direct link:
http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/APRS Beginner Guide - K9DCI Ver 5-1.pdf
OR
  http://K9DCI.home.comcast.net
    Click the APRS Beginner INFO link under Contact

Manage Radio Memories with an Excel Spreadsheet !
Click to tune. Click to capture Radio freq.
All Memories on one page. Cut, Copy, Paste, Print 'em...
For:
TM-D700 |         TH-F6A      |   TS-2000    |   Icom 706MkIIG
All PMs |Real-time & memories | Sat mems too | Loads Mem Tones!

More Details, Features and Downloads at:
http://home.comcast.net/~k9dci/site/?/page/Amateur_Radio_Control/

  http://k9dci.home.comcast.net/