[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 64, Issue 10

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Oct 14 11:29:50 EDT 2009

Mike,

Great writeup!  I'm sure many people will find it very useful as they
set up APRS.  I'm also a happy Nuvi350/T2-135 user.  As far as I'm
concerned, you almost can't beat the arrangement for plug-and-play
mobile APRS operations.

I use the T2-135 V2 board embedded inside Alinco DR-135 radios for my
installation.  I also added an APO3 Automatic Power Off to avoid QRM
beaconing while parked and also to save the vehicle battery.  Just in
case you haven't heard of it, check out

http://www.aprsworld.com/apo3/

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Nuvi's as KJ4ERJ-9 and KJ4OVQ-9