[aprssig] DX-cluster Messaging? (CC-cluster)

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 01:46:52 EDT 2009

Hi Bob,

As someone who kind of muddled his way to putting up an iGate, these got my attention:

> 2) Lack of Igate coordination.  Hence congestion between igates

IS there an organization that handles this sort of coordination, or are you suggesting that we need one?  It did occur to me that I needed to be careful, but besides postings here and the odd web search, there didn't appear to be any resources to turn to.

Secondly, how would one know if there is congestion between iGates?

> 3) Too many one-way igates with NO WAY for the users to tell

AMEN!  I've tried to use the Winlink-ARPS system while on the road, but it only seems to work well at home.  (My iGate is bi-directional.)

> 4) Lack of understanding the nature of ACKS
> 5) Excessive expectations

Without high expectations, where would we be?  Keep up the good work!

Greg  KO6TH