[aprssig] DX-cluster Messaging?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 5 20:16:34 EDT 2009

> By 'spotting' I meant I had sent an email to
> a group of QRP-folks... who were... alerted and
> watching me on on APRS.fi... Donno any clusters
> that'll except an email input/post?? Do you?

I am not a DX cluster user, but if the DX clusters have a
message or chat mode, then we should make every effort to get it
tied to the Universal Ham Radio Text Messaging initiative.  See
www.aprs.org/aprs-messaging.html

We should be able to message any callsign, anywhere, anytime, on
any system by interconnecting all ham radio message systems.

Any DX-cluster power users that can tell us if such a capability
would make sense and how?

Bob, Wb4aPR