[aprssig] USB TO SERIAL CONVERTERS

Glenn Taylor ve9gj at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Nov 22 17:57:28 EST 2009

There is a good chance that your linux distribution already has the driver.
What distribution are you using?

Open a terminal window and do a:
lsusb

plug in your GXMU-1200 and do it again:
lsusb
The new line is your GXMU-1200.

You can also now do a:
tail /var/log/messages
You should see if the kernel found your GXMU-1200.

You can also do a:
ls -ltr /dev

If you have a driver you should see a file ttyUSB0 ( or a higher #) with
a timestamp of when you plugged in your GXMU-1200.

Any trouble just post the output of the above commands.

73
Glenn VE9GJ