[aprssig] USB TO SERIAL CONVERTERS

Matti Aarnio oh2mqk at sral.fi
Sun Nov 22 16:30:43 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 04:17:34PM -0500, John wrote:
> Hi All
> I am delving into the world of LINUX.
> I have a GOLD GXMU-1200 USB to Serial converter.
>
> Yes I know that I need a LINUX driver for this device.
> My problem is that I cannot find one.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Did you try to plug it in the Linux system?
It just might work...  _no_ "driver" necessary.

Or if it does not create appropriate /dev/ttyUSB*  device
files after being plugged on, then at least the "lsusb"
command will be able to tell you all USB devices present
in system, including those that have no driver.

> 73 DE John KB2SCS
>            E-Mail:    kb2scs at arrl.net

73 de Matti, OH2MQK  -  occasional Linux kernel coder