[aprssig] APRS Skycommnd (Was RE: TH-D7 versions.)

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Mon Nov 9 04:28:56 EST 2009

The problem is Bob, that in some places (The UK for one) we have to
ensure that any RF based remote control of another tranciever we
personaly own, is purely for our own individual use.   We can't legaly
just put an open rem-con facility up (even via the 'net) for all to use,
as an individual licencee.

Simple pilot tone restrictions, or 3 digit passwords just don't cut it.
WiFi style encryption would be good, but again we are prohibited from
using any "on air encrypion" within any ham band.

With a "Notice of Variation" we can do many such things, but there are
several very significant "Hoops" to jump through first.

OK, we don't pay for our licences now (a mixed blessing) and there are
things like the above we can now do for our own use that are legal, so
long as they are done correctly (read, "secure" from other users.)   But
for other things, like digi's etc, it's now somewhat more
complicated/restrictive than it ever was.

Take Care.

Dave G0WBX.