[aprssig] TH-D7 versions. (Was RE: Reminder for US members:Reset the time in your radios)

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 07:59:13 EST 2009

AFIK (same with the D7) they are OK with connected modes, so long as you
don't fill up a buffer with TX stuff waiting to go, and allow it to
empty it's RX buffer to your PC with no hinderance.

The lockup problems were I believe worse with the D7 in KISS mode, on a
"Busy" channel trying to be used with digipeating software such as
UiView etc.

If the D700/710 has means to signal to your PC that it still has stuff
waiting to go (like a real TNC's STA lamp) that makes life easier, but
if that works in KISS mode I don't know.

If you just want a single use link, 1 to 1 connected system, and you're
not going to shovel loads of data back and forth continualy, there will
probably be no problem.

If you can get a good enough link on 70cms, try it at 9k6?   I think the
700/710 will do that ?    The only way to find out for sure, is to try
it.

Unless anyone else here knows different, in that case, I'm sure they
will say so.

Enjoy.

73.

Dave G0WBX.