[aprssig] UIDIGI Setup

Ed L Locklear kf4chg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:41:59 EST 2009

Tim,

I did use your website for guidance and followed the settings for the
exception of the Beacon2 and Beacon3.  I wanted to use these for local
info for the local repeater and echolink with "LOCAL" set in
Beacon2Path and Beacon3Path.  I wanted to avoid using UI-View32
objects at all cost.  According to Bob, WB4APR it is not recommended
to use software driven programs for creating info type objects and to
let the digipeaters handle this function.

However, I can reprogram to conform to APRS Paradigm recommendations
and drop the Echolink object (sigh).

You mentioned that you had modified the original UIDIGI.BIN file,
could you provide the HEX location?  I have the means to modify BIN
files.  Also, I use the UIDGCFG32.EXE to configure the BIN files
before burning with Prog-Express from Batronix.

Ed, KF4CHG