[aprssig] WIDEn-N question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Nov 4 07:37:42 EST 2009

Frank or Barbara Rossi wrote:
> I also encourage the Big DIGI's not to respond to WIDE1, because they
> will pick up the WIDE2.
> Responding to both, the Big DIGI transmits twice.
How does the digi respond to WIDE2 in a WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 packet if no
local heard it first?  Are you doing pre-emptive digipeating?  I was
under the impression that the path is used in order.

Also, I thought Digis were supposed to do dupe detection and not digi a
packet that they "recently" digi'd.  This prevents a second repeat of a
just-repeated WIDE1 packet, doesn't it?

> From Westmoreland County Pa I should not see any packets from Ohio or
> Maryland.
> I will see some West Virgina.
> N3FLR - Frank

I checked where you're located out of curiosity because I grew up in
Johnstown PA.  That was quite a few years ago though!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Palm Bay, FL