[aprssig] Reminder for US members: Reset the time in your radios

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Tue Nov 3 13:53:37 EST 2009

Dave Baxter wrote:
> Kai.  What version of TH-D7 do you have?
>
> Mine does not have that option in the APRS menu list.  Or any other.
>
> I've got it here in front of me, & just spent some time scroling through
> all it's menus.
>
> This is a Kenwood TH-D7E V2.0, acording to the label where the battery
> clips on.

Menu APRS 2-O (oskar)
The one i'm using now is version TH-D7A(G)

I also have a european model v 2.x something

I know that older versions have some misspelled words in the menu, some
version disables all sound newer version you can disable key beep but
keep soumd from the aprs messages etc.

> I've had it for some years now, and never found any clock or other
> timekeeping function, other than "TX INTERVAL" in the APRS menu, and
> SCAN RESUME TIME" in RADIO AUX, or the DTMF PAUSE setting.

Scan Resume is in menu 1-5-2 on my A version.

> Did you mean the TH-D700 perhaps?

And i'm talking about the TH-D7 :o)

But theres no time/date settings on the TH-D7 only time zone.

I did not get time to check the GPS time set function on the TM-D710

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA