[aprssig] PHAROS GPS 500?

K8YS k8ys at fuse.net
Mon Nov 2 18:25:57 EST 2009

I have several of these, one or two are branded Pharos, some are branded
Microsoft.

There is a serial cable that can plug into the edge connector giving the
standard NMEA output.
Also, a couple options; one is a Bluetooth option, you plug the engine into
a dock and you have a Bluetooth GPS. Another option is a plug - adapter,
that converts the thing into a Compact Flash connector so that it can
directly plug into your Dell Axim. Another option is a USB adapter, serial
in, a "globby module" in the middle of the cable, USB out.

I happen to like these, the SiRF 3 is a hot receiver, built on a patch
antenna.

If he does not have the cable, he may find it a cheaper option to buy a new
- OLD SOFTWARE - Streets & Trip with GPS to get the cable. I have bought
these at Half Priced Books for $10.00 because S&T was 2 years old.

Bob K8YS