[aprssig] PHAROS GPS 500?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Nov 2 18:08:45 EST 2009

Bob WB4APR wrote...

>> I have a MS street and Maps with a GPS locator.
>>
>> It has a PHAROS GPS 500 sirf III GPS receiver...
>> The GPS system has what appears to be a encoder
>> between the receiver and the USB cable..  The
>> receiver is about a an inch and a quarter square,
>> internal antenna. (no antenna input connector).
>>
>> So the question is do you know anyone that has
>> incorporated this PHAROS receiver into... APRS?

www.compuvisor.com/gps-receiver-microsoft-pharos-gps-500-gps-receiver-for-pc.html
www.gpscheap.com/showproduct.aspx?affiliateid=10067&productid=1949

According to the above pages, it outputs NMEA so should be useable.

www.pharosgps.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=006%5FPT120%5F1%2E00&cat=141

I don't know if the one on the Pharos site is the same one or a newer
model. Ah... perhaps it's the following model. Again, it outputs NMEA
data.

www.pharosgps.com/products/proddetail.asp?prod=006%5FPB010%5F1%2E00&cat=141

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH