[aprssig] APRS for evreyone at 2010 BSA Jamboree

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 29 06:23:17 EDT 2009

Hurah!  The 2010 BSA Jamboree map appears to be properly scaled and to have a grid on it.  This means we can easily use APRStt (touchtone) to let anyone with an HT at camp report their position!

See map: http://www.troop116.org/jamboree/j01sitemap3.gif

The grid goes from A to Z in Latitude and from 1 to 37 in Longitude.  So we can let them enter a position to the nearest 500 feet just with the dtmf entry BXXYY* followed by their pre-stored DTMF callsign from a DTMF memory.

I'll work up a web page..

Bob, WB4APR