[aprssig] Garmin nuvi 350

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue May 26 11:31:26 EDT 2009

It doesn't seem to be compressed.  At least, there's a lot of readable
stuff in the ~9 MB binary file that it uploads.  In any case, it's very
doubtful that a single file could be replaced to change it.  It's going
to be some little piece of code buried in there somewhere, very hard to
find without a debugger to watch it executing.

If it was running on a PC, I'd at least have a chance of tracing the
execution and finding it, though it might still be hard to patch.

With access to the source code, I doubt it'd take more than 30 minutes
of work.  That's the frustrating part... Garmin can do it, they just
don't see the need.

Scott
N1VG