[aprssig] Newbie APRS object question

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri May 22 12:22:36 EDT 2009

I will go on record as saying it's probably "bad" to have an IGate gate
objects from the Internet to RF.  I would have serious trouble figuring
out just which objects to gate and as AI4PX pointed out, the pathing
and/or actual broadcast location might be centered on the object's
applicable area.

Remember, object IDs are not necessarily unique and anything coming from
APRS-IS can be spoofed, so even gating "objects owned by/originating
from" a specified callsign can have unexpected results.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Finally clear on where you are and what you're
attempting!