[aprssig] APRStt software?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed May 20 11:50:09 EDT 2009

Bob Bruninga wrote:
>> If I remember the APRStt spec correctly,
>> it actually requires a DB of callsign
>> shortcuts that might be quite a challenge...
>>
> That was abandoned in this new rendition of APRStt.  In this version, users always send their full callsign first (with overlay character).  After that, they can use only their 3 digit suffix (plus overlay character)

Anytime someone can use a full callsign and follow it up with a 3 digit
suffix, the APRStt server needs to be remembering the original to match
against for the shortcuts.  That's the part that I was indicating a DB
(or lookup table or some-such) would be necessary and possibly a
challenge for resource-constrained platforms, especially if the
shortcuts are valid for 30 minutes or so.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Not dashing the spec, but "real-worlding" some
expectations