[aprssig] Re : Re : NWS ON rf

rttyman rttyman at ukr.net
Mon May 11 09:44:51 EDT 2009

Steve Jones <steve.jones at rogers.com> wrote:

> The only problem I see is if you're trying to gate all the APRS-IS
> traffic to RF.

Not. I am interested in possibility of filtration of traffic by
desired ham radio callsign prefixes. Why it is needed I will
say below in this message.

But with having of tactical calls in the stream its become
impossible with CURRENT available APRS-IS filters set !

> If you're just interested in EI aprs traffic, just gate EI and set a
> geographic range centered on your country.
>
> That should keep out most tactical calls originated from other
> geographic areas with the same alphanumeric filter.

Again, not a solution. If you set geographic area for EI-land only,
it will missed on map and in list your EI-ham, who for example QRV
from G or GM land or even somewhere outside of EI-land.

Another example, if sysop set geographic area filter only within his
country, then you will miss other his hams, for example if they sail
on the yacht outside of country etc... And if they will lost any of
main communication equipment, have only ham rig and APRS gear its
should have hope to send his position of cource with his callsign
and put in comment "we need help", but you will not see it with
area filter!

That's why I ask here about to do more flexible
filtration in a server s/w!

73, Sergej
uz2hz