[aprssig] Re : Re : NWS ON rf

rttyman rttyman at ukr.net
Sun May 10 17:26:30 EDT 2009

Hi, John.

> Not necessarily Sergej. We have often use tactical calls on RF here
> in Ireland, with the Callsign being in elsewhere in the transmission.

> de John
> EI7IG

If you use its locally is all on your own risk, but when its pass to
Internet backbone and if this call begin with prefix char of other
country (not EIxxxx) your tactical data become just a QRM for other
hams in network outside area where this tactic is actual. Filtering not
possible by "callsign present in other place of transmission".

Think you will be not happy if from backbone will came "fault"
positions with EIxxx in source and mixed up with real
EI APRS traffic. Same for me.

The solution for future is use zero figure before tactical signs or place
tactical labels on map with use of Objects + original call in source.

GL, Sergej
uz2hz