[aprssig] Re : Re : NWS ON rf

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat May 9 17:47:40 EDT 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 5:29 PM, rttyman wrote:

> Well, Steve, if your worry that one "lose" charset will be make
> tactical
> call less redable, why not to use Objects instead?

Because objects are a completely different thing. Objects cannot send
messages, weather, and most of the other types of data in the APRS
spec. That you would suggest this would make you appear to have a very
poor understanding of the way APRS is used in areas outside your own.

> On other hand its can be just on-fly transformed by APRS-IS
> software, if
> developer will write small script for it - few minutes work, but will
> be solution w/o problems!

If programming is so easy, why don't YOU write a filter to remove
tactical callsigns from your own feed. One programmer writes one
program to solve your problem. That makes a lot more sense to me than
having dozen of programmers and hundreds of users make changes to
solve your problem, no?

Steve K4HG