[aprssig] Re : Re : NWS ON rf

rttyman rttyman at ukr.net
Sat May 9 16:22:14 EDT 2009

Hi, Steve.

> I would recommend you filter on location rather than on callsign.

Its not an exit from situation! When filter by location we can lost
APRS ham user that QRV outside specified location. But on prefix
its quite well.

> I think you will find it is impossible to convince people to implement
> this. Many systems, for example Citizen Weather, depend on the calls
> as implemented currently.

At least we can try!
("Try to do something is better then just speak...", as said one classic)

For first step APRS leaders and maintenators should recommend to tactical
calls ops, to CWOPs and other APRS sub-systems add zero figure before their
signs and continue of their operations. Other step - filter all packets w/o
number in source (to be done in APRS server's s/w). I'm understand that this
sub-systems is userful for someone, so why its operators and maintenators
will not follow us?

Lets to be APRS system for anyone, but with good ruled operation of
any sub-system.

73, Sergej
uz2hz