[aprssig] APRS touch-tone and PL and repeaters?

The Bland Ranch root at blandranch.net
Wed May 6 10:11:11 EDT 2009

Commercial repeaters (Motorola I know best) have been able to handle multiple
PLs for quite a while. The controllers may be another issue.

A consideration when doing such things is that while you are sending your tones
and the repeater TX is not active, someone may think the repeater is not in use
and TX on top of you. The questions is, how often might this happen?

A possible work-around is to have the different PL still key the TX but with no
pass-through audio. At least others would know the RX is in use.

The idea is plausible, with a little tweaking.

Chuck Bland
NA6BR