[aprssig] APRS touch-tone

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 01:00:17 EDT 2009

--- Robert Bruninga replied:

> Every DTMF APRS user pre-sets his callsign into a DTMF memory so
> that he can send it wherever and whenever.

    This  I understand / understood.  The word "_standard_" threw me in reference to _tones_.  I thought, perhaps you were proposing to also require a single special (a.k.a. "standard") PL to inhibit the DTMF from escaping on the repeater output, or something-or-other like that.

> Having random people sending random digits on random repeaters scares the
> begesus out of repeater owners.  So we have abandoned that idea
> and are going with setting it up on a simplex frequency.

   Roger on the begesus O.M.   So it's the APRStt idea itself that raised a few neck-hairs.  Yea, I can see that concern.  Bleep, bleep, bleep all the time...

-- 73, Steve, K9DCI  Wouldn't that be Bejesus, anyway?  (capitalise a proper name. hi hi)