[aprssig] Looking for an appplication ?

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:36:58 EDT 2009

> Actually, I've been looking for something I could "subscribe" to, by
> callsign, where I could get a text message (or email) for every APRS
> position report a particular station of interest transmitted.

That's a very different beast, but probably wouldn't be too difficult.
Just write a script that logs in to the APRS-IS with a filter string
like b/N5TEV, mail the output somewhere. For a service, I'd probably
connect with no filter (full feed) and do the filtering with the
script. This would likely eat a good amount of CPU!

Maybe I'll hack on this idea for a bit.

Tom KD7LXL