[aprssig] KC2TUA/KC2UFG Balloon QRM

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Mar 22 19:39:44 EDT 2009

The LEDZEPLIN (just kidding... KC2TUA-8) is on the ground (or in the
lake?) approximately...48 58.48N 54 9.67W. I created an object LEDZEPLIN
there. That's about 13 to 15 km from the highway depending on which way
you went in, but could have drifted a bit further SE before it actually
touched down. Lots of lakes around there, but it looks like it missed
them. Guess it's dark there now.

Strangely, my object is about 9 km south of KC2TUA-8 according to the
map at aprs.fi. I'm not sure what's going on there. I got the position
from the raw data on aprs.fi from the last position heard. In UI-View,
the position shows as the same location as KC2TUA-8 going by the
relationship to the lakes there. Guess I'll stick with the position from
the raw data.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH