[aprssig] KC2TUA/KC2UFG Ballon Down?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Sun Mar 22 19:38:25 EDT 2009

If you'd like to see some serious APRS infrastructure usage, check out
the plots at:

http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net/tracking/balloons/*

The smaller dash numbers are lower resolution.  Check those first.
Please don't pull the -9 or -10 unless you're really going to do
something with it.  They're HUGE and you need to zoom way in to see what
they have to communicate.

Unfortunately, my APRS-IS monitor filter doesn't extend out far enough
to have caught the landing.  If you look at it via
http://aprs.fi/KC2TUA-8 and switch to satellite view, you'll be amazed
at how it barely (hopefully) missed landing in a lake!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS.  Does anyone have any links to the project itself?  I'd really like
to see what they actually flew.  Their BLOG is at
https://explore.twitter.com/PBH3