[aprssig] APRS in Orlando?

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Mar 20 08:44:19 EDT 2009

Hi Bob (and listners..)

That may be with a D7AG?  But my D7E does not (appear to) store objects,
just messages sent to/from me.  Unless there is a config change that can
be done.  (Another bug-bear, is being unable to clear that memory,
without doing a full reset.)

In any case, as has been mentioned many times before on this illustrious
list, trying to "drive" a rig, when suposed to be driving a vehicle, is
a big no no these days, if it was ever anything else.   Any stored
objects or other information, when one does get a chance to look, will
be long out of date, if just because of the distance traveled since
then.

I don't carry it (or the book) with me these days, as APRS in the UK
seems to be dying from what I can tell, certainly on RF, and I have a
much smaller HT for the car when needed for voice work.

In part, that is due to some "colateral damage" licencing wise, after we
all got issued with "Licences for Life" a few years back, that it now
transpires we all need a NOV (Notice of Variation) to our licences, just
to run a DIGI (of any kind) because this is seen as carrying "Third
Party" traffic that is not addressed to, from or vetted by the DIGI
operator, plus some interesting "unattended" shutdown requirements too.
Pitty...

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.