[aprssig] "Superdigi" experiment at MB7UBN

Chris Moulding chrism at crosscountrywireless.net
Sun Mar 15 10:32:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

As some of you already know I've been working on producing an APRS TNC Digi
Tracker for some months.

I'm currently running an experiment to test a "superdigi" option using the
MB7UBN igate. The superdigi option digipeats WIDE1-1 as normal but also
digipeats any other valid APRS packet and re-transmits it as a WIDE2-1
packet to
allow it to be digipeated once more by another digipeater. Possible uses
of the
superdigi option are to allow all possible tracker path settings to be
digipeated during an event or emergency, use as a digipeater relaying
all ISS
traffic on 145.825 MHz to the terrestrial APRS channel or as a simple
APRS mesh
network for emergency deployment.

There are more details of the APRS TNC Digi Tracker on
http://www.crosscountrywireless.net/aprs_tnc.htm

I'm running the test for the next day or so. If anyone has any observations,
comments or problems please let me know.

73,

Chris, G4HYG

--
Chris Moulding