[aprssig] emergency beacon called wide1-1 today

Rusty Hemenway nnn0fjk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 22:47:02 EDT 2009

Steve

I just located a new version of the APRS Emergency beacon plug-in for
UI-view.   In the instructions, I found the following item of interest

Now the program decode all emergency beacon ,in compressed mode both
standard mode with \! symbol.

I saw that AGW-Tracker when sends an emergency beacon using the wrong table
of symbols, the program still sends this symbol /! Rather than correct \! .

I wrote to the author for info.
Unquote

I did not see a \! In the packet on the Findu emergency beacon web page, but
then it may have been encoded

Rusty K1GGS