[aprssig] emergency beacon called wide1-1 today

Jim Wright ks4o at arrl.net
Sat Mar 14 13:55:10 EDT 2009

I'm looking at http://www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/mobile-N789PH which
shows him on what could be a downwind, short base, and final approach to the
Jerry Tyler Memorial Airport (see http://www.airnav.com/airport/3TR).  It's
an uncontrolled (no tower) field in Niles, MI.  I'm wondering if the plot is
off and he actually landed at the airport, or if the plot is correct and he
landed in the trees.  His altitute started out at pattern altitude and ended
up at about ground level.