[aprssig] emergency beacon called wide1-1 today

Charles Mills w3yni1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 12:59:05 EDT 2009

Did some googling around, plane and unit might belong to:

*KD0CVN*

Peter D Howell

1472 Iowa Ave West

ST Paul, MN 55108

*
That beacon was  over a residential area - if he was in trouble and went
down, we'll know soon enough.

Possibly a misconfigured TT3.

*
On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Jeff King <king.robert.j at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Mr Jeffrey L Ross <
> radiooperator at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> and its a plane, or using the plane symbol, thought I would let some know
>> here as not sure if this is real or not. they are using the call also of
>> n789ph i think.
>

> That is an aircraft registration. There should still should be (to be
> legal) a ham call associated with it.  It you have a moving track on it, I
> doubt it is an emergency although I have no idea as to policy on APRS as to
> emergency beacons.
>

> Registered Owner N789ph
>
> *Name*   HOWELL PETER D*Street* 1472 IOWA AVE W*City*FALCON HEIGHTS*State*
> MINNESOTA *Zip Code*    55108-2125 *County*RAMSEY*Country*UNITED STATES

Charles L. Mills
Westmoreland Co. ARES EC
Amateur Radio Callsign W3YNI
Email: w3yni1 at gmail.com