[aprssig] Don't forget your radio when changing clocks

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 8 11:09:11 EDT 2009

For US members dealing with the return of Daylight Savings Time (about a
month early.  Thank you Congresscritters).

I'm sending this out as in the past I've run for days without
remembering to change the radio as well as the other clocks. Finally
caught on when I saw that all of my positions were "old" positions on
the home station.

In addition to resetting your GPS to DST for the time feed to your
radio, you also need to adjust the time zone on the TM-D700

Menu, (1)Radio, (6)TNC, (5) Time Zone.  subtract one hour from the
current setting (example, ET: From -5:00 to -4:00).

I don't have a D710 in front of me, but according to the PDF version of
the manual it should be Menu "526"

Don't forget to do it for each of your saved PMs.

73

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS