[aprssig] USB host IC by Microchip

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Mar 4 14:41:21 EST 2009

It's not necessarily a quick fix.  There's no guarantee the USB GPS
receiver is using a protocol that the host IC can use.  Take a look at
the USB to serial drivers in Linux - there are a lot of them.  And
Garmin USB GPS receivers use something completely different from all of
those.

I've looked at making an adapter, but with serial GPS receivers still
being pretty cheap, there's no real justification for it.

Scott
N1VG